SAG Awards 2011: Red Carpet Dresses
- Natalie Portman looked resplendent in a white strapless Azzaro gown with crystal embellishment. She finished her look with a black satin Roger Vivier Pilgrim Clutch and $2 million worth of platinum and diamond jewelry by Tiffany & Co. The actress won Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role for Black Swan.
- Mila Kunis rocked a strapless black-and-red abstract printed Alexander McQueen gown reminiscent of the one worn by Michelle Obama at the State Dinner. The Black Swan actress paired her dress with over $300,000 worth of Cartier jewelry, including a platinum, yellow gold, onyx diamond, and emerald eye tiger cuff bracelet and yellow-gold and diamond stud earrings.
- Amy Adams chose a draped chiffon jersey gown in shades of pale white with a touch of mint from Paris couture designer, Herve L Leroux. The Fighter actress, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress, completed her winter white look with natural makeup and a sleek high ponytail.
- Claire Daneschose a floral Louis Vuitton gown with a black belt at the waist. The Temple Garden actress, who won for Outstanding Performance in a Television Movie or Miniseries, completed her feminine dress with Rodger Vivier Sport Chic sandals, platinum and old mine cut diamond drop earrings (5.50 carats each), and a platinum and diamond bracelet from the 1960s, both by Fred Leighton.
- Julianna Margulies was red hot a strapless YSL draped gown. The actress, who won the award for Outstanding Female Performance in a Drama the second year in a row for The Good Wife, accessorized with a gold trimmed YSL clutch, statement earrings, and a Bavna ring.
- Melissa Leo, winner for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for The Fighter, wore a silver lamé dress by Randi Rahm with capped sleeves and a front slit.
- Sofia Vergara looked stunning in a royal blue Roberto Cavalli gown and a pale pink python clutch with a crystal front by Jenny Packham. The sexy star was nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for her role on Modern Family.
- Lea Michele shimmered in a beaded V-neck Oscar de la Renta Spring 2011 gown with a thin silver belt cinched at the waist. The Glee star added extra sparkle with $1 million worth of Tiffany & Co. diamond jewelry, including platinum-and-diamond earrings, ring, and three bracelets. Loose waves and sexy, smoky eyes completed her glamorous look.
- Christina Hendricks vamped it up on the red carpet in a tuxedo robe dress by L’Wren Scott and Judith Leiber clutch. The Mad Men actress completed her dramatic look with lined eyes and subtle shadow.
- Kyra Sedgwick opted for classic elegance, pairing a vintage Thierry Mugler couture gown with a vintage platinum-and-diamond bracelet watch by Cartier. The Closer actress was nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series.
- Dianna Agron was classic in a vintage Chanel Haute Couture navy dress. The Glee actress accessorized with a black beaded minaudiere and black satin closed-toe pumps, both by Salvatore Ferragamo. She kept her hair and makeup understated with a side-swept updo, subtle smoky eyes, and a pale pink pout.
- January Jones looked regal in a Carolina Herrera topaz chantecaille lace mermaid gown from the designer's Pre-Fall 2011 collection. The Mad Men actress paired her ornate gown with Roger Vivier Epine Pumps in antique gold, platinum earrings by Lorraine Schwartz, a futuristic updo, and subtle pop of icy blue eyeshadow.
- Annette Bening was captivating in a Tony Ward Couture gown with an embellished bib neckline. She kept her makeup simple, yet classic, with a bold lip and subtle eyes. The Kids are Alright actress was nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role.
- Tina Fey was radiant in a red, strapless Oscar de la Renta column dress. The funny girl accessorized with a Christian Louboutin Envelop Clutch in black satin and platinum and diamond earrings and ring by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Nicole Kidman looked chic in a black crepe Nina Ricci dress with lace detailing from the designer's Pre-Fall 2011 collection. The Rabibit Hole actress added a statement necklace and berry stained lips to her sophisticated look.
- Jane Lynch chose a lavender Ali Rahimi gown, gathered in two tiers and cinched at the center with a diamond pin. The Glee star accessorized with a purple velvet crystal Power clutch by Swarovski.
- Julie Bowen opted for a black halter jumpsuit with a plunging neckline and sparkly shoulder embellishments by Catherine Malandrino. The Modern Family actress topped things off with Neil Lane jewels and sleek blonde hair.
- Helena Bonham Carter, nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for The King’s Speech, was on trend with sheer accents on her black-and-white dress, which a costume designer friend created for the actress. She finished her look with matching shoes.
- Mariska Hargitay stood out in a deep blue strapless Isaac Mizrahi gown. The Law and Order: SVU actress accessorized with persian turquoise earrings in yellow gold, platinum, and diamonds by David Webb and a sun-kissed glow.
- Eva Longoria was on trend in a white Georges Hobeika gown with chic draping. The Desperate Housewives actress accessorized her white hot look with diamond drop earrings, a bouffant-esque updo, bright blue eyeshadow, and a silver Salvatore Ferragamo Minaudiere with braided leather inserts.
- Kim Kardashian stunned in a plum draped chiffon gown with embroidered detail by Marchesa paired with earrings and a ring by Lorraine Schwartz. Her signature smoky eyes, long lashes, and nude lips complemented the elegant dress.
- Jenna Fischer, whose series The Office was nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, wore a floor-length slate gray Fendi dress paired with a black clutch also from the fashion house.
- Jane Krakowski looked radiant in a silver one-shoulder Badgley Miscka dress—the design duo has been dressing the pregnant actress throughout the award show season—and platinum earrings by Lorraine Schwartz. The 30 Rock star wore her hair in long, loose waves.
- Jennifer Lawrence stood out in a hot pink Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2011 gown with a draped bodice, thigh-high slit, and black velvet belt tied in a bow. The Winter’s Bone actress offset the bright pink hue of the dress with minimal makeup, a simple ponytail and subtle smokey eyes. Lawrence added a Boite de Nuit clutch in black satin and Sport Chic Sandals in black satin, both by Roger Vivier.
- Hilary Swank was radiant in a nude chiffon one-shoulder Versace gown with delicate stone and crystal detailing. The actress finished off the grecian gown with voluminous waves and a sun-kissed glow.
- Rosario Dawson was vibrant in a J. Mendel citron double georgette V-neck gown with origami wrap skirt and beaded waist details. The actress, who presented at the awards, paired her pastel number with, side-swept waves, turquoise drop earrings and a white stingray Salvatore Ferragamo MInaudiere from the Spring 2011 collection.
- Hailee Steinfeld went retro in a magenta, black, and tangerine striped Prada 'seta lana' dress with a flounced hem from the designer's Spring 2011 collection. The True Grit star, complemented the colorful creation with black duchesse peep-toe shoes also by the designer and a Solange Azagury-Partridge Hot Lips ring.
- Julia Stiles opted for a strapless navy and white ombre floor-length gown. The Dexter actress paired her two-tone dress with cascading waves of blonde hair, a creamy complexion, and House of Lavande jewelry, including purple diamante chandelier earrings, a purple vintage diamante bracelet, and a purple vintage ring.
Celebrities hit the 2011 Screen Actors Guild Awards in an array of gorgeous gowns.
From bold hues by Roberto Cavalli and Oscar de la Renta to Mila Kunis’s orange-red Alexander McQueen dress (reminiscent of Michelle Obama’s State Dinner look) to the prevalence of white on the red carpet—colors ran the spectrum. As did styles, Julie Bowen took a page from spring’s jumpsuit trend in a chic, black Malandrino number.
See all the looks in the above gallery.